Privacy Notice - FITISM
About this page
This Privacy Notice will help you understand how we collect, use and protect your personal information. If you have any queries about this Privacy Notice or how we process your personal information, please contact by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we are
The organisation responsible for the processing of your personal information is FITISM Limited, Riverside Gym, Bakewell DE45 1GS. This means that we are a ‘data controller’ under the Data Protection Act 1998 (and, once in force, to the General Data Protection Regulation (also known as the GDPR).
Information We Collect About You If Your Are A Member
The personal data you have provided, we have collected from you, or we have received from third parties includes:
- name, address, date of birth and gender
- contact details, including telephone numbers and email address
- medical and injury history
- financial information, including credit/debit card details (although we do not retain complete payment card information), bank details if we are to set up a direct debit
- potentially your details about your family and dependents (e.g. your marital status and names of children may be recorded)
- purchase history of FITISM services and products
- information about your lifestyle to help us build a personal programme to suit your needs
- when you contact us through any digital channel we will inform you of the methods used by each of those channels at point of entry and at any point where we capture personal information. This includes measurements and progress photos
- parental consent if you are under the age of 16
How We Collect Information About You
Most of the personal information we hold about you is that which we collect directly from you, for example:
- each time you ask us to help you achieve a goal and to write a new programme
- when you purchase our products or services
- when you register to receive information from us
- each time you interact with us, respond to communications or surveys, or enter competitions
- when you make enquiries or raise concerns with our customer service team.
Using Your Personal Data For Marketing
We will send you marketing about products and services by post, telephone, email, SMS and through digital channels. Digital channels includes social media and similar such digital marketing channels. We may upload and match the personal data you provide to us with the data you provide to social media and similar such digital marketing channels. This allows us to improve our knowledge of you and, in return, serve you with relevant marketing messages.
You can object to receiving marketing from us at any time, by unsubscribing from our newsletter.
Who We May Share Your Data With
Where relevant and with your permission given the nature of the products and services provided to you, we may also share your information with the following categories of third parties:
Your Doctor. We may need to speak with your doctor on any medical issues and in some cases request a medical note to authorise that you are fit to receive our services. This will only be permitted with your permission.
Your Therapists. We may need to speak with your therapist for any treatment you are receiving i.e. Physiotherapists, whilst being a member that will help us to provide the correct service for your needs. This will only be permitted with your permission
Other Data Controllers
If you benefit from the following products and services, we will share your personal data with the following companies (as applicable) and these companies may also act as data controllers with respect to the data you provide to us.
Booker Software - Mind Body - https://www.mindbodyonline.com/privacy-policy
Email Marketing - AWeber - https://www.aweber.com/privacy.htm
Website - Silverdisc - https://www.silverdisc.co.uk/privacy
Direct Debit - Smart debit - https://www.smartdebit.co.uk/privacy/
Bookkeeping - QuickBooks - https://quickbooks.intuit.com/global/privacy/
Bank - Santander - https://www.santander.co.uk/uk/help-support/security-centre/data-protection
Card machine - Payzone - https://www.payzone.co.uk/privacy-policy/
How Long Your Information Is Kept
We will retain your personal information for a number of purposes, as necessary to allow us to carry out our business. Your information will be kept for up to 7 years on our main systems after which time it will be archived, deleted or anonymised. Any retention of personal data will be done in compliance with legal and regulatory obligations and with industry standards. These data retention periods are subject to change without further notice as a result of changes to associated law or regulations. If you have any questions in relation to the retention of your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at the details provided above.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the following rights:
- to obtain access to, and copies of, the personal information that we hold about you;
- to require that we cease processing your personal information if the processing is causing you damage or distress; and
- to require us not to send you marketing communications.
Once the GDPR comes into force on 25 May 2018, you will also have the following rights:
- to require us to erase your personal information;
- to require us to restrict or object to our data processing activities;
- to receive from us the personal information we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal information to another data controller; and
- to require us to correct the personal information we hold about you if it is incorrect.
Please note that these rights may be limited by data protection legislation, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
Website & Online
FITISM respects your privacy and will not sell or make available in any way your personal information except where specific permission has been given. The nature of the services provided by FITISM means that we may obtain certain information about you. This statement sets out the principles governing our use of your data. By using the services and the FITISM website generally, you agree to this use. Our general website guidelines regarding the use of your data are as follows.
FITISM & Your Data
When you register to use certain areas of the site, we will ask you to provide certain data, such as your contact details and company information.
We will store this data and use it to contact you, provide you with details of services and otherwise for the normal use and improvement of the site, unless you have asked us not to do so.
We may also use the data you provide us in response to surveys and to aggregate user profiles.
FITISM will not pass data to any third parties except to enable you to receive information you have requested to be sent to you.
To enable us to monitor and improve the site, we may gather certain information about your user of the site. This includes details of your operating system, browser version, domain name and IP address, and the details of the website you came from.
FITISM & Cookies
Cookies contain no personal details about you and they can be disabled by changing your browser preferences.
Google Analytics is also used to track website trends without identifying individual visitors. The cookie used by Google Analytics stores information such as what time the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before, and what site referred the visitor to FITISM.
Our site may link to other websites and we are not responsible for their data policies or procedures or their content.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data but cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of dealing online over the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we have been negligent or in wilful default.
Any details that you provide to us from which we can identify you are protected by the Data Protection Act.
How We Integrate You Into The FITISM Community
We have a very strong community ethic at FITISM and once you are a member we have social media groups and whatsapp groups that we use to connect us all together. This would involve personal details such as your name, telephone number and social media names being added. You have the right to opt out of these at any point.
Whatsapp - https://www.whatsapp.com/legal/?eea=1#privacy-policy
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy
Twitter - https://twitter.com/en/privacy
Instagram - https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388
YouTube - https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-GB&gl=uk
We will likely use other social media channels in the future. If and when we do we will update this policy.
How to Opt Out of Email Marketing Material
If you do not wish to receive any further email marketing material from us please click the "unsubscribe" link found in all marketing emails. Please allow a few days for the request to process.
How to Contact Us
If you wish to contact FITISM you can do so by phone on 01629 814803, by our contact form, or by post at this address: